From PIXAR story artist Shion Takeuchi
- Interesting parallels between giving a sermon and telling a story.
- “5 Reasons People Check Out of Your Sermons”- replace “sermons” w/ “film”- still works!
- 1) You did not grab my attention in the beginning. - you have 30 seconds.
- 2) Tension- I need to care about the problem that you’re trying to solve. Put me on the edge of my seat and make me long for a solution.
- 3) You never communicated a compelling bottom line.
- 4) You spoke at the same speed the entire talk. - pacing is important.
- 5. You never engaged my heart. - both sermons and films, they gotta be emotional!